Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Duck Hunt Memories

Shoot quacker, watch it fall, miss them, and see dog laugh.



This is the thirty-seventh post in our Game of the Day series.

A couple people submitted these memories:

I always enjoyed playing duck hunt on the original nintendo. I think it was included with the Mario Brothers game. It always fascinated me how the gun worked as a child!

It’s weird, but I never questioned how the light gun operated. It turns out the gun itself was sensitive to light (duh). When you pulled the trigger, the entire screen quickly flashed white with the ducks as black squares. Then the sensor you pointed at the screen detected, like a camera, whether it faced black or white. The colors might have been reversed, I’m recalling this from a conversation with a friend who told me how he gamed it. It was very simple and effective, but not so much on new LCD/Plasma televisions for some reason.

Another submitter says:

This was bundled with the original nintendo and was the only game I was ever really good at!

Comparing my abilities in Mario versus Duck Hunt was also quite humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment